Friday, October 7, 2011

Kwilting at the Beach

Hi, I am Kathy Gordon and this is my first blog post.  
A big thank you to my son Eric Murphy, for gving me the push I needed to begin.   
I'm visiting him in Mytle Beach this week.
I have walked the beach so much, my feet hurt.  
But the ocean is so calming.

Made my rounds to the 4 LQS
Quilting at the Beach 
(formerly Sewingn the Carolinas) was the first stop
located near 501 and 17 bypass.  







Next stop was  Sew Many Uncommon Threads
a little shop in Conway on Rt 544.  
I wonder how this one manages to stay open. 
Could be the owners, southern hospitality and 
making you feel so at home






  After a couple GPS re-routes I found my way to 
Accent Sewing & Quilting located on Rt 17 Murrel's Inlet.  
They always have a great sale corner and once I found
the place...I made some great purchases.  





My Favorite LQS is 
Quilter's Cottage in Garden City. 
Lots of great fabrics, patterns and good sale corner.
Great FQ sale at the counter. 

On the way  to Myrtle Beach 
I made a stop in Wytheville, VA and 
dropped a bundle in Sew What Batiks.  
IF you ever are ever headed Sounth on I-77  
it's just a stone's throw off the freeway.  
Batik-aholics..beware! 

 Well gotta run...I hear the ocean waves calling my name!


KWILT ON!  Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.