Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mobile Kwilting

I am a "Mobile Kwilter" 
If I drive somewhere for vacation my 
"Mobile Kwilting Space" goes with me. 
 I pack my small Janome right beside my husband's golf clubs.  


 Here I am at Myrtle Beach and all set to sew early morning after a walk on the beach or if it rains. 

To make your mobile sewing space here is what you need.....
A small portable (but durable) sewing machine and the essential sewing kit.


My Janome fits just fine on the condo kitchen table.



I made  a cutting / pressing board  that folds up for easy transport.  Pack a ruler, rotary cutter and a small portable iron ..then find the kitchen counter.  Perfect height for cutting and pressing.



A Portable Design Wall comes in handy.   
Fons & Porter has one at Joannes (use that 40% off coupon) or
a flannel back table cloth will work. Don't forget duct tape so you can hang it up. Hang it where you can see it, like this hallway just behind the sewing area.



Before I knew it, I was working on this cute baby quilt  
I packed a couple other projects and before the week was over....
they found their way to the sewing area. 


BUT WAIT....one more thing....
The view from my mobile kwilting space!
a Kwilty Pleasure for sure!.




 Kwilt On!
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.