Friday, September 20, 2013

WATCHING A BUCKEYE GROW...


My son, Eric, probably doesn't realize this,
but he has been an Ohio State Buckeye 
since he was born in 1977.
This hangs in the "Buckeye Corner" of our basement bar. 


I framed his first Buckeye outfit and included a photo
of him wearing another Buckeye outfit.  
My Little Buckeye!

It's been fun watching Eric grow up with 
The Ohio State Football Spirit!
He just celebrated his 36th birthday 
and still bleeds Scarlet and Gray!  

At his request I made this wall hanging.
He selected the fabrics and designed the layout.
I think he has my creative gene.


I did some straight line organic kwilting to echo the block "O"



Free hand cut the Buckeyes & Leaves
and appliqued



Just hanging out in the garden


Oh yeah, the photo above that hangs in the bar...
 will be part of the kwilt label.

Happy Birthday, Eric!!!
See you soon!

I'll be Linking up today with...

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop
Link a Finish Friday
TGIFF
and 
Crazy Mom Quilts 
(links on the sidebar)

Mascot, Brutus Buckeye and I are cheering
The Ohio State Buckeyes 
 on to a PERFECT SEASON!
GO BUCKS!!!


6 comments:

  1. Kathy your quilt turned out fabulous..I know Eric will love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilting on this Kathy!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome OSU quilt. My granddaughter lives in New Orleans and she is only 8 months old but she has a buckeye outfit that says further OSU buckeye.
    Once a buckeye always a buckeye.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! My neighbor would kill for this. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt. Love the quilting and the story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.