Wednesday, August 20, 2014

CRAYON COMMUTE

The school bells are ringing as kids head back to school
What better ride than via a "Crayon Commute" 


My commute began for me with this pile of fabric 
from one of my favorite designers, Alexander Henry
and a free pattern from All People Quilt
called Ribbons and Ric Rac



 The pattern had me at ric rac!
A fun addition for baby to find and fiddle with.


and I searched for fun colors to go with my "stash" fabrics



making this kwilt was a happy journey....
ending with a fun zig zaggy stash fabric for the border


the backing is also "stash"


the playful journey ends with this kwilt
available for sale in my Etsy shop


Another 2014 stash buster and 3QTR finish!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced...Sew Fresh Quilts...links on sidebar.

I luv making baby kwilts, so tell me...
What is your favorite baby kwilt pattern?

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet little quilt...so perfect for a new little baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely baby quilt. I like the addition of the ric-rac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quilt for a youngster and so colourful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew much to see and so much to play with. What a super fun finish, Kathy! Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I don't have a favorite baby quilt pattern yet but I'm hoping to create a few new ones myself in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.