Friday, June 26, 2015

BOONE NC - THE QUILT SHOP

 Much to my surprise...
I found two shops in Boone NC that had lots of 
"Modern Fabrics" 


Located on the 105 Hwy Extension, 
The Quilt Shop was very easy to find.
Eye candy everywhere...where to look first?


If you like Kaffe Fasset...lots of it here!


It's Elementary by MODA


A Field Guide / Janet Clare by MODA


 Nomad /Urban Chicks / Moda
  Has feathers to tickle your fancy.


Holly's Tree Farm / Moda gets you thinking Christmas!
Check out the cute iron 


Lots of "Modern" Books 


Thank you Tod, for permission to photograph all 
the wonderful-ness of your shop!


 "TEXT" fabric was a BIG deal for many designs in this shop.


 LOVE this Texty Giraffe 
Pattern is "Potpourri Collage" by Laura Heine
You can find it and her other designs here!


Looks like a jelly roll quilt ?
I see Halloween prints with the black squares!


And oh yeah...I found the 40% off sale area 


 "Basic Grey" FQs (and yardage) at 40% off
I see a masculine kwilt, perhaps for my Etsy shop.


Next summer, I may be guest artist, at a local garden.  
Sew I want to make new garden themed kwilts/wall hangings.

The Bluebird Park panel and FQs were 25% off
I found a couple Autumn Woods FQs too!
They go well together. 
I have other Bluebird Park in my stash!


I enjoyed the modern aesthetic in this shop
 and the entire staff made me feel right at home...
southern hospitality at its best!

*Cash or check only*
Passes the savings on to the customer!
Turns out it was "THE QUILT SHOP" 
for me!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review! I just moved my freshman son into his dorm at App State and I can’t wait to sneak in a visit to The Quilt Shop when we go back for Family Weekend. Thanks also for the heads up that they only accept cash sales. I don’t carry cash at all anymore due to the convenience and security of cards and Apple Pay on my phone. I would have been restricted to window shopping only unless the Quilt Shop has an ATM inside their store!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.