Tuesday, August 4, 2015

HOOKED ON HALLOWEEN SWAPS

I can't resist Halloween fabric 
and apparently, Halloween IG Swaps..
I am in two right now!

 If you have never joined an IG swap...
Here's how they work...

Each swap has a name
#spooktacularminiswap15


and a host - this one is @p8ntingmom
She gathers your participant info via email
or a link to a form...
then pairs secret partners.  

She will probably ask for help via  
 "swap mamas' who will manage a "group of participants"
Each group has a #hashtag name
Like #thefrankenstitchers


Participants make and post an inspirational collage 
on IG...this makes it easy to stalk someone!
(Free apps like PicStitch makes it easy)


Participants receive an email with partner info
and you can begin stalking their social media to
figure out their "likes" and what to make!

 This is my fabric pull for the Spooktacular Swap!


There are guidelines and dates to follow,
Progress pics are posted to IG
 using the swap #hashtags  
Makes it nice and easy to see what everyone is doing
by going to the #hashtags for that swap!


My second Halloween Swap is 
hosted by @jessee_artschooldropout
#trickortreatminiquiltswap


 I am on the #spookysewers2015 team



I did a bit of stalking when I received my partner info
and I think she will love this fabric pull.


Although they don't have to be mailed til September.
Mine swap mini Kwilts are DONE>
I will post them once they are mailed!

And if you are wondering...

I won't be hosting a Ghastlies Swap this year
Maybe next year...I hear more Ghastlie fabric is coming!
From who?  Alexander Henry himself!


I encourage you to give IG and these swaps a try..
but don't blame me if you get addicted !













3 comments:

  1. Love those quirky little cats for your partner, & the flying witch!
    I know nada re IG & enjoyed today's post - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are going to have a great time with your Halloween Swaps. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.