Friday, October 16, 2015

GOING GREEN WITH GHASTLIES and GRISLIES!

 Halloween in creeping in and I am here to tell ya
It's GONNA BE GHASTLIE!

 Ghastlies Green Gallery Fabric!



DID YOU KNOW???
The Ghastlie's family also have Grislies
Lemme introduce you to my favorite family!

The following blocks are from the first 
Ghastlies Gallery quilt I made in 2013. 
You can click here to see that post!



Mathilde (Grislie) Ghastlie
"Matriarch"
Gaspar Ghastlie
"Patriarch"
Sebastian Ghastlie
Son of Mathilde and Gaspar



Darla Ghastlie - married to Sebastian


Cordella & Cassius - Twins of Sebastian & Darla
Garrick Ghastlie
2nd son of Mathilde & Gaspar
Widow Ghastlie - Gaspar's Mother


Gunnar Grislie - Mathilde's Father

Mathilde's Sisters
Mildred, Magda and Minerva Grislie
 

Next I framed the portraits with solid black



I posted this pic on IG and
Alexander Henry (Ghastlies designer) 
commented on it




I was blown away that he "LOVE"d it and
that more Ghastlie fabric is being designed!

=============

I sent this one out for kwilting and agreed on the designs
BUT...the spiderweb just didn't sit right for me!




Sew I picked it out and kwilted straight lines
with light gray thread.  Much better! 



I had some left over portraits
for an impromptu strip in the backing.


All ready to kwilt!





 I hope your Halloween includes some
GHASTLINESS!

Wait til you see my Orange Ghastliness!










5 comments:

  1. Getting a comment from Alexander Henry Fabrics would have made me go all fan girl, LOL. That's such a great news that more Ghastlies are on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great design on that quilt, and like you I can't wait to see the new Ghastlies.
    Next year I'll have a quilt of my own.
    Enjoy Today,
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. great design on that quilt, and like you I can't wait to see the new Ghastlies.
    Next year I'll have a quilt of my own.
    Enjoy Today,
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool to get a comment from the fabric company. I always love your Ghastlie's projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you I can't wait to get my hands on the new Ghastlies that are coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.