Tuesday, October 11, 2016

EAST OF ASHEVILLE YARN CRAWL

Black Mountain Yarn Shop is one of my favorite shops to visit 
when I travel thru North Carolina
Here is a link to their website!

Donna Farrow and her Husband own the shop
When I stop in, they cheerfully wind yarn for me,
that I didn't even buy there!


I usually head to the SALE ROOM
cause there are always fun things to find...


Like this sign!


But the store itself is packed with vibrant yummy yarns.


I bought a gradient cake yarn of turquoise and gray
to make the shawl below, on the left. 
This pattern "Reflection Line" is available to purchase
 as a download on Ravlery, click here 



The next pretty shawl is called "Dangling Conversation"  
Purchase and download the pattern on Ralvery 
I will use some stash yarn for this one!


and just down the street...a Fave WINE SHOP!


It's full of yumminess too!


OSuzanna's Yarn on Union is located 45 minutes east 
of Black Mountain in Morgantown, NC 
Another charming and cozy yarn shop
in the historic district / downtown Morgantown!
The area is full of good restaurants and crafty boutiques. 
Here is a link to check out her shop and hours, etc.


I admire the way shop owners bring their style into their shops...
beautiful old baskets atop the shelves of glorious color!



and Suzanne, the owner, is a weaver 
 check out the looms center stage.


Take a closer look



Here is a beautiful shawl Suzanne had knitted...
Only 3 skeins of Fingering weight...
...how long would that take me to make?


Just down the street I found a beautiful garden....


Sew if you happen to find yourself 
East of Asheville, NC and like yarn...
don't miss these two shops!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.