Thursday, August 24, 2017

WEDDING AND A QUILT


I don't believe I have ever seen a bride as beautiful as 

Shannon (McElhatton) 
and her handsome hubby, Rick Coil
I was so thrilled to be invited to their May wedding.


I have been friends with Shannon's  Mom, Linda Craig, 
since early 70s and Shannon was just a little girl.
Look at these beautiful ladies now.
I think Linda looks like Cybill Shephard!


 When there is a wedding...I give quilts as gifts.

I made this large lap size quilt.  
The pattern is NOVA from the book, Scrap Basket Surprises.
The stars were made with 2 1/2" batik strips from a guild swap  
and the PURPLE border made it all POP!

Ends up...this became the perfect quilt for the Coils.
 Keep PURPLE in mind...


 Look at the PURPLE bridesmaid dresses
and look at colors of the flower bouquets!



My Thank You Card said 
"the quilt was the best gift they received and 
they would cherish it forever!"

and here it is...in the Coil home!

Gift cards...cash...meh
QUITLS will always be the best gift ever!








4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, lovely bride and lovely quilt. Isn't she lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt, and it is such a lovely thank you card and truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice gift quilt, love how it color-coordinated with their wedding. And yes, she was an amazingly beautiful bride (and I think you're right about your friend looking like Cybill Shephard!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.