Friday, September 15, 2017

OLD TOWN FABRIC SHOP

"Old Town" Fabric Shop is located in Chillicothe OH
and you should make plans to visit soon!
Owners are a Mother/Daughter duo
Cindy Henderson and Kelly Henderson Battistin.


They tell me the building was an original stop
along the Erie Canal...they have updated the shop yet
 this brick and mortar shop screams history,
antiques mixed with all types of quilting fabrics
INCLUDING modern fabric!



This quilt and modern fabric caught my eye immediately!
This line by Corey Yoder is called Lulu Lane 
Others fabrics in this display include Corey's Prairie line
 as well as other delightful prints!


I could NOT stop drooling over the selection of 
GRUNGE!!!


How about some Cotton and Steel?


Need thread, zippers or buttons...right here!


And like I said a mix of antiques and modern!
this display is amazing!


Oh yes, lets not forget the Sale Area!


Lotta Jansdotter (my heart be still)
found in the sale stacks!


and most important...
my friend Andrea Aldredge works here!
She is an amazing modern quilter in her own right!



 Next time you consider a road trip for great fabrics,
wonderful quilt shop staff, in a 
quaint town with good restaurants and a lovely park...
Old Town Chillicothe is the place to go!


If you are shop hopping, I would be remiss not to 
mention another quilt shop in Chillicothe
"Creations Sew Clever" 
owned by Rita Fishel, also a good friend of mine!
Read about that shop here!


The magnificent autumn colors of Ohio
 will soon fill the hills and valleys of Chillicothe!
Grab your denim jacket and infinity scarf...
Who wants to go?





1 comment:

  1. I just had a class with Rita the other day. I was looking to see where Chillicothe was, and now there are two shops I may have to visit sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.